So you know that human trafficking is modern day slavery and you may even know a little bit about it, but what can you do really?
- Donate: Donate money to organizations that work against human trafficking, either by helping survivors or raising awareness or both. These include agencies such as CAST, Polaris, or The Freedom Project.
- Start a conversation about human trafficking: Simply tell other people what you know. The more people that are aware of what is happening, the more people that can do something about it.
- Write to your local politician to make him/her aware of the issue to help influence the laws regarding human trafficking.
- Post a comment on Facebook or other social media and keep the conversation going.
- Organize a fundraiser and then donate the money to any of the above organizations.
- Buy Fair Trade Products.
- Educate yourself and learn more about human trafficking.
- Start a book/movie club and read books or watch movies regarding human trafficking. http://www.thefreedomproject.org/Resource-List/
- Pray: You can join us in prayer at: http://heavenlynotes27.blog.com/2016/01/10/human-trafficking-novena-day-eight/
List from: http://www.thefreedomproject.org/get-active/